How many times can fryer oil be used?
The answer to this question is different for each case, says sales support technologist and fryer expert Anna Vanchikova.
The lifespan of an air fryer depends on many factors:
– fryer device – conveyor type or open-closed with or without fryer filtration option
– the type of food to be fried – are you planning to fry French fries, chicken or patties?
– operating temperature – different types of food have their own optimum roasting temperature. This can depend on the size of the food to be fried, and the temperature can range from 140 to 195°C
– frying time – it depends on the weight of the product to be fried and its degree of readiness
Therefore, the optimal fryer life is different for each product. It can be controlled by the following methods:
– with test strips – they measure free fatty acids, which degrade the characteristics of the oil, giving it an unpleasant taste and odor. This method allows to estimate the concentration of LPG: it can be used to judge the degree of suitability of the oil for further use.
– with a portable instrument for measuring polar compounds – these are cleavage products arising from the deep frying process. Next time, we’ll tell you how to maximize the life of your air fryer
Check out the fryer products here.